These are the accomplishments, achievements, participation and involvements of NOVEL in varying disability issues and movements since they started in 2012. Each of the core members has varying affiliations and other roles in other organizations. Their presence in every occasion voices out the advocacies and goals of NOVEL.
This list is continuously updated, and you may also refer to “What’s Up?” page for articles relating to their current activity.
Year 2012 to 2013
• Established as the first Filipino organization serving women with visual disabilities.
• Formally accredited by Philippine coalition on UNCRPD as a recognized member.
• One of the organizations who has significant inputs relating to women with disabilities on the Philippines parallel report.
• Partnership and collaboration meeting with Women And Gender Institute (WAGI) at Miriam College for NOVEL’s launching activity, (WAGI headquarters, Miriam College, February 13, 2013)
• Launching of the initial candidates for Miss Wheels, Signs and Visions 2013 and celebration of Women’s month, (Sky dome, SM North EDSA, March 13, 2013)
• Personality and image enhancement seminar for the candidates of Miss Wheels, Signs and Visions 2013, (Tahanang Walang Hagdan, Cainta (TWH), March 25, 2013)
• NCDA Trainer’s training on disaster risk reduction, (Tahanang Walang Hagdan, Cainta (TWH), March 25, 2013)
• Research on country gender assessment including women with disabilities in the Philippines, March to April 2013)
• Eve Is On Groove Conference, (Quezon City Hall, April 20, 2013)
• Research on Sexual and reproductive health of women with disabilities in the Philippines, Building evidence for action, funded by Australian Aid and United Populations Fund (UNFPA), collaborative work between University of Melbourne and De La Salle University (April 2013 to year 2016)
• The way forward, MDGS 2015 and beyond conference, (Bayview Park Hotel, May 12, 2013)
• Leadership training and promotion of UNCRPD with Mayor Justin Marc Chipeco and Vice Mayor Roseller Rizal and Calamba PWD Federation (Calamba Laguna, July 23, 2013)
• Advance computer training for the blind by Japan Braille Library, (Penang Malaysia, August 17 – 28, 2013)
• Disability and development studies by Korean society of the rehabilitation for persons with disabilities KSRPD, (Hyo – Ryung Seoul Korea, August 19, 31, 2013)
• Conceptualization and framework development for the “Ala Eh Iba Na Si Eba” Batangas conference with Mr. Ronnel Del Rio (September 2013)
• Leadership conference by WOW LEAP and NCDA (Bayview Park Hotel, November 11, 2013)
• Coronation Night for Miss Wheels, Signs and Visions 2013, (Ateneo De Manila University, Henry Lee Theater, November 9, 2013)
• Launching of Philippine Parallel Report – ((AGFO Club, Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon CityDecember 3, 2013 )
• Asean workshop on women, peace and security, (December 8 and 9, 2013 Mandarin Oriental Hotel Makati Avenue, Makati City
• Leadership workshop for women with disabilities by WOW LEAP, (Villa Lorenza Resort, December 12 – 15, 2013)
• Continued linkages with local and international organizations for disability and non disability based groups.
• 7th Asia pacific conference on sexual and reproductive health and rights, (Philippine International Convention Center PICC, January 21 – 24, 2014)
• Ala Eh Iba Na Si Eba, Batangas invasion of Eve Is On Groove, (February 24 – 25, 2014)
• 9th Women’s Day celebration, makati PWD Federation, (March 26, 2014)
• Rappler, together with Pantene, hosted a forum entitled “Work it! A Forum on Gender and Job (In) Security” last March 29, 2014 at the Asian Institute of Management.
• “Asia-Pacific Meeting on Disability-inclusive Disaster Risk
• Reduction: Changing Mindsets through Knowledge” conference, conducted in Sendai
• Japan, and to be streamed live at the Convergent Technologies Center CTC, Ateneo De Manila University (April 22 – 23, 2014)
• NOVEL’s Strategic Planning, (Project 4, Quezon City May 3, 2014)
• Gayon Si Maria Noon, Ganire Si Maria Ngayon, Calamba conquest of Eve Is On Groove, (Date is to be announced)
• CRPD compliant budget project: An info sharing session by Philippine coalition on UNCRPD, (PRRM Building Mother Ignacia Quezon City, May 30, 2014)
• LGBT Seminar – Galang Philippines May 9, 2014 Crown Plaza, Ortigas
• 10th Parliament of Youth Leaders – May 15 – 18, 2014, Manila Grand Opera Hotel. J.P. Rizal Ave cor. Doroteo Jose Sta. Cruz, Manila
• Project WIRED, Work Innovation through Resource Enabled Development, (De La Salle University, May 23, 2014
• Philippine Fashion Week, (SMX Mall of Asia May 31, 2014)
• Access to Justice and Disability: An Introduction to UNCRPD
( June 4 & 5, 13 & 14, 19 & 20, 2014 – Kalibao, Aklan, Libis, Quezon City and Cagayan de Oro City, Cagayan de Oro)